I combined a few different recipes and came up with this. It is awesome!
10-12 1 inch slices day old bread
1 1/2 cup half and half
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/3 sticks butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1. place bread slices in a buttered pan.
2. mix eggs, half and half, syrup and brown sugar then pour over bread.
3. cover pan with plastic wrap and place in fridge overnight.
5. preheat oven to 350 and take pan out of the fridge.
6. mix topping ingredients together in a food processor.
7. Sprinkle mixture over bread.
8. bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes.
9. remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before serving.